Sunday, January 26, 2014

Specifying the Dream

Three courses left (until graduation).



I began to blog around two years ago to document this journey of redefining my life with my family as a priority and a newfound calibration with my passion in technology. What started as a job hunt for a career in Portland quickly turned me into a student, once again, pursuing an undergrad degree at Colorado State University - Global Campus, and figuring out how to approach the rest of my professional career.




As an Information Technology student at CSU GC, I've gained valuable fundamental knowledge spanning across critical tech-based disciplines such as networking infrastructure, security, project mgmt, and database solutions. Of all the courses I've taken, one of the most frustrating subjects had to be an Introduction to Programming using the Java language.



How I managed to still maintain a 4.0 GPA after that class remains as much of a mystery as does the crop circle phenomenon and the bio-luminescence of deep sea organisms. It just barely makes sense.



Still, my struggle with mastering the structures and syntax of Java left me yearning for more. How odd is it that the class I sucked at the most had this sort of unexpected effect on me. It might not be that strange after all - they do say opposites attract, right?



Perhaps that is what's going on here. The pain to comprehend all that "public static void" talk awakened the sleeping giant inside me who has a secret, geeked-out passion forprogramming.



So here I am, present day, man in full-form and 1000% vulnerable, ready to admit to myself: I want to dedicate the rest of my life to coding and software development.



The relief, the release of truth, and the joy I get from stating that is one of the strongest realizations I've ever had. We'll see what happens next.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment