Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Seven essays on Lean Software Development

Over the course of the next seven weeks I will be writing an essay per week on each of the seven Lean Software Development principles. I will be writing about my experience in an amazing turnaround, were we went from being dysfunctional, barely delivering with real quality issues to where we are now with a decent delivery cadence, trust from the "business" and quality issues being eliminated.



I believe we achieved all of this by inadvertently applying the seven principles of LSD, namely:




* Eliminate waste

* Amplify learning

* Delay commitment

* Deliver fast

* Empowering the team

* Build integrity in

* See the whole



And we achieved this turnaround in less than eight months.



I hope to provide concrete examples of how we implemented the principles, and the tools we used to accomplish our turn around. I will describe how we were, and what we are like now, and the absolutely amazing difference this has made to the team.



Although we did not set out with LSD in mind, much of our thinking was shaped byand the , which are contributors to the LSD movement. I have not yet read any of , but they are most definitely next on my reading list. And once I have read one of their books I hope to come back to review my essays.



The first post in this series is available on the .
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment