Sunday, August 25, 2013

Profiles: Michael #5 #Science2043

Happy Blessed Sunday!I'm excited to feature a software engineer, Michael, who was my classmate at King-Drew Medical Magnet High in Watts ().He is a certified genius.When you read his story below, you'll see why.



MICHAEL'S PROFILE WILL BE ADDED WITH THE REST OF THE SCIENCE 2043 PROFILES ON THE :




Profile # 5: Michael



Hometown: Los Angeles, CA



Occupation: Principal Software Architect/Engineer



Industry:



How did you become interested in this industry?



I ran into a guy who had a systems integration company for building automation. We both saw the need for software and started a software development company for building automation systems.



What programming languages have I learned so far?



, C#, C++, , , and AS3.



How & when did I start learning how to code?



I started learning how to code at the age of 7. When I was 3-7 my entertainment was copying code from a book into a and watching it draw pretty pictures. By the age of 7, I started writing my own then I acquired an PS/2, where I started learning even more.



How do you envision yourself 10 years from now?



In 10 years I'd like to be retired. I'll probably start companies where I'll hire other engineers to do the work since I love the field.



Have you worked with a lot of women or people of color in the software engineering industry?



Unfortunately, I've only worked with one person of color in this field for maybe 2 months. Now I have worked with many Indians, in which they can be considered folks of color. I haven't worked with any women in the field --.



What would you like to say to budding engineers out there?



Learn and master any framework that you're programming to. At all cost, absolutely, do not attempt to hack the framework unless there is no other option (this will minimize bugs and performance issues). Learn how the frameworks work by not only reading their documentation, but also looking into the source code. And do not be lazy: if the framework requires you to write more code than normal, there is a very good reason why. Get used to it, it'll pay off in the end.



--- PS. Corporations love developers who have mastered the frameworks used by their company.



THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR INSIGHT, MICHAEL!!



What is ?



Science 2043: an online project that profiles current and future scientists, engineers, health professionals, and mathematicians who are working hard to pursue their dreams and reflect a more diverse scientific America What is Science 2043 s ultimate vision? To support and increase efforts that will encourage, recruit, train, and develop more women and people of color in STEM fields. To learn more about Science 2043, check out the original blog post: Where all profiles are compiled: Funkademic1 blog:



If you would like to be featured in Science 2043, please feel free to contact me through commenting, Twitter, email, etc.Stay tuned as we compile at least 2,043 profiles-my personal homage to my friends, colleagues, peers, and scientists who I admire.



Related Articles



*(funkademic1.wordpress.com)

*(funkademic1.wordpress.com)

*(funkademic1.wordpress.com)

*(funkademic1.wordpress.com)

*(funkademic1.wordpress.com)
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment