Friday, October 25, 2013

Compound Mediation in Software Development: Using Genre Ecologies to Study Textual Artifacts

The strategy that I chose was to look at the title of the article. I began to break down each word of the title and if I did not know the word I would look it up. I was trying to find the context of these words also and a meaning on what they were trying to get across as a whole. The first word was compound which is two things brought together. Next was mediation which is a way to resolve a dispute. The next words were Software Development, which has to do with computer programming and writing and maintaining source code. So my conclusion was the first few words in essence had to deal bringing things together in order to solve a problem with source code or the idea of Software Development as a whole. The next sentence was genre which has to do with putting similarities together. Next were ecologies which are the scientific study of interactions among organisms and their environment. And last but not least were textual artifacts, which I believe to be books from the past. So what I believe the title is trying to say about the upcoming article is that it has to do with using different types of software development in order to date or understand more about books or textual artifacts by studying the environment in which they were found.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment