Thursday, October 31, 2013

Week 5- Who saved Saul??

So we're nearly half way through the semester! Time is flying by!



So we started the class by discussing the assigned readings. We began with Buxton's avalanche case. I found the case really interesting. At the start I was kinda thinking how did this relate to managing systems development-but after reading it over a few times it made sense to me. We all wondered who saved saul? I came to the conclusion myself that a number of factors saved Saul- the guidelines, tools, equipment, instinct, probes, shovels and so on. Which brings me back to my point of how this case related to the course. A system is defined as a set of interrelated elements. All of the elements and factors that saved Saul were interrelated-they all worked together to save him; without one, the others would not work.




We also discussed the other reading, the activity checklist.I think we all struggled a bit with this reading but what I got from it was that it was a social theory designed for systems development. I think we were all a bit thrown by it.



We discussed the activity theory and how it isa method for describing organisations and systems, that is based on Vygotsky's theory of knowledge and learning.



We also discussed the software development life cycle, how it is interrelated andhas 4 main elements:



* Requirements and analysis

* Evaluation and sourcing

* Test and delivery

* Maintenance and use



So that's me done for today! finally up to date with all my entries. I have vowed to stay on top of it from now on! Fingers crossed.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment