Thursday, October 24, 2013

Software Development Project, Positive Maturity

Positive Maturity is a senior assistance company based out of Mountain Brook, Alabama. They specialize In assisting senior citizens with benefits ranging from getting jobs to finding the medical assistance they need to make there life's easier. Positive Maturity is the center for call in's from seniors looking for assistance in the Alabama. The company wanted to design some software to make it easier for their employees to access information about all the senior assistance companies the Alabama area. I received information about the project and quickly looked into ways I apart of the creation process. I am a Computer Science majorperusing a career in software or application development so I thought this would be great experience. After a couple of meetings with the Executive Director and Project Manager over the project, we compiled a collaboration of features that final product would possess. The software would connect to a database that was written on the companies server and in the form ofa desktop application. The application would allow employees the ability to add, update, search, and delete information from the database. Specific unique features that was requested by the Project Manager was the ability to do partial string searches on the database, searching for agencies information based on a zip code range, and a login feature that would add some security measures. The project took about 1-2 months to complete on my own with schedules incremental meetings with the Executive Director and Project Managers keep them u to date on the progress I was making. Working on this project has giving me some great real work experience with the programming languages SQL and JAVA. I have also gained experience working with customers through the developmental process and presenting a product they were pleased with. The Executive Director shared with me that I was a pleasure working with and explained each increment in a way that was understandable even by a non technical individual. The Executive Director and the Project Manager were gracious enough to write reference letters that I should be receiving in the next week of so. I am now in search for the next project I can get my hands on!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment