Saturday, July 13, 2013

Planning for Professional Development

To plan for my professional development I will start to list several reasons why I think continuing professional development will matter for my career is because it will improve my overall skills and allow me to get high level skills and a better job market, as well as give me a broader experience. One medium term learning goal for my career would be to improve my programming skills. One particular learning task for my goal that can be accomplished with a manageable level of effort is to join groups that make projects in web development or software development. In order to complete my task and improve my programming skills I need a lot of sources here is a list of some possible sources of learning events for my task would be code fest event if there are any events during the summer or the upcoming months, and a specific learning resource would be to read "Learning Perl, sixth edition", and using "The Perl.org online library" for examples and help. These two resources will allow me to accomplish my task and complete my goal. I will start working on my task and goal in the summer. I will spend three days of the week towards my goal and task these days will be the weekend and Friday since these days will be my days off. The time that will be spending to work on Fridays will be from 3pm till 6pm and the weekends from 12pm to 5pm in-order to have the time to brainstorm an idea on what I would like to program or develop, and also to have the time to read the Perl book and to apply some of the things that I learned in real life. If I follow this schedule and this task I believe it will help me complete my learning goal which is to improve my programing skills and that will improve my overall professional development and skills.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment