Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Internship

I'm currently in Chennai, in the Tamil State of India for my internship. No, the title of this post does not refer to .



It's been 6 days at work since the start of my internship. It's time for an update. I'm working at Ashwin Muthiah International Holdings (AMIH), which does the IT stuff for Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation () in Chennai. Heterogeneous computing. Go .I'm here to learn what kinda work the company does. This post will cover a lot of that (thus far into the internship). The other part of my internship is to write a software, going through a software development life cycle. This software tracks and manages the leaves (absences from work due to various reasons - illness, holiday, etc.) of all AMIH employees. More on this "Leave management system software" in future posts (LINK).




So it's been 6 days. I'd like to talk about what I've learnt from other AMIH employees and what I've learn from the dozens of wikipedia and other articles that I read to get a taste of the work that an Indian IT company does.



The following links lead to posts in my blog. What I've learnt in



1.

2. Enterprise Resource Planning

3. Software Development Life Cycle (this post's BIG!)

4. Models: which one's the hottest and when?

5. CMMI or Agile ? Why not both?

6. The Policy Requirements
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment