Friday, July 26, 2013

26.11.2008

This blog article is based on my experience. The events described here occured around me.



Since this is a lengthy one, I have seggregated this in to a series of 2 parts. Part 1 goes here :-




I was a happy young man in my early 20 s. I was one among the campus placees who got in to the Software Development field. It was fun all around as I was just graduated out of college, and all of my colleague (most of them with whom i interact for my work) were my college mates. The environment of college was well preserved in the office. The office was a college for me. I was a careless fellow till the incident which happened changed my life entirely.



The day of 26 November was just like another day, and I was just recovering from the expensive birthday treat given a week ago. Along with that, the month end was forcing me to cut down the cost. Also growing uncertainities across the world about the economic recession was haunting me about my job. I got up as usual like just another day, and the day started for me. I remember, I was assigned in a shift for production support. My office was about to start from 2 PM.



I was staying in Nerul (One of the Posh locality of Navi Mumbai). I had a tasty breakfast (Wish I get such food here), and went to Nerul Stn complex (Its a beautiful complex where you will find almost everything) to just sightify beautiful chicks..(As usual).



Time passed and I remembered I had to go to office (Oh my good that too afternoon.. after a good lunch). I had lunch and boarded a local train which was EMPTY. Its very rare to find such train during the peak hours. I had a first class ticket, and I was trying seats like King. Why King because I was one among the very few passengers in the local train.



It was 13.53 when the train dropped me in Sewree, near to which my office was located. I walked from there to my office (we always had 10 mins late allowed).



Finally I reached at 2.07 PM and Swiped IN (Felt very relaxed). As usual after swiping in, I moved myself (Lunch was a bit heavy) to Canteen, just like every one do as the first thing after coming to office. One reason for me (although I had my lunch) was I could see some nice chicks in canteen which could not be seen for around 1 km radius from my seat. I entered canteen and asked for a Lassi, and swiped my card at the card reader for Rs 12/- ( we had a system, where in we need to swipe our ID cards and amount is deducted on a monthly basis from salary). Couple of my team mates joined me as they just had their lunch. We had a nice chat, which included various topics eg appraisal which was nearing (We had hike and appraisal and hike every 6 months), chicks in and around. After a long conversations/ debates, we came to our seats and I switched on my computer.



First work which I did was to check mail and also the train timings for Nagercoil Mumbai Express in whichmy sister was coming. My sister was coming on a vacation from Madurai to Surat (Via Mumbai). Surat is where I Belong to. The train was about to come by 8.45 PM at CST (Chatrapathi Sivaji Terminus), but was running late by an hour. My job was to receive her at CST and help her in boarding the Dehradun Express from Bandra (because just like any other new comer to mumbai, she was also very much afraid).



I was counting time as I was eagerly awaiting my sister, whom I was seeing after a Year. I sipped on Coffee and Tea to pass the time as I did not had enough work that day. Time passed and I went to canteen by around 7 and had breakfast. Time was testing my patience. I was waiting for 8 PM from the afternoon so that I could Swipe out and meet my sister. I came back to seat and checked the train schedule, found the train to be 15 mins late (Driver went crazy it seems, from 1 hour late to 15 mins late).



I was well prepared to swipe out and I was about to push the shut down button, " Raghavan" heard a voice from an unknown direction. I turned, and saw, It was my damager (Manager). " Hey Raghavan, we need to send status report to our VP, can you help".



He was a Tambrahm, and every tambrahm has a sympathy towards another (opposite also happens). I could not say no as his face showed his innocence and inablity to complete a work without me. I went to his seat, and helped him in the excel work, which was expected out of me.



I have a weakness, when i get a work, I will do it with full involvement, and this is with every Scorpion. Myphone ringed " adra da naakumukka"It was a famous song and having a ringtone like this was a pride factor. I attended the call, It was my sister "Raghavaa, I crossed Thane, where r u".



I remembered which I had lost. I excused and swiped out of office and ran to Sewree rly stn. It was 8.35 by then. I got a train at 8.37 and the train took 20 minutes to reach CST. It was 8.57 and It was being announced the arrival of Nagercoil Express.



I searched for my sister, and found, she was with a little anger (Free with any girl whom you make wait).



I said Hello.. she was angry at me for being a little late.



Women are always Women.. and Men are Men.. I accompanied her to nearest seat, and we got seated. I had a chance to look at clock, it was 9.09 PM. Her train was at 11.30 and it would take 25 minutes to reach Bandra from CST via Harbour line Local.



I thought of having dinner in a hotel outside CST, but she said ' Thakkali Chatney is there' .. Aww myfavourite.. Could not think anything else, so decided to have dinner (Chappathi and Thakkali Chatney which she bought).



We started having dinner and by the time we completed it was 9.25 PM. Then I made her seated and went to buy water bottle.



Came back, and I was consciously looking at clock to ensure i am not missing the train. We were seated for a while and decided to leave CST. It was 9.40 PM by then.



We started and walked towards ticket counter. We reached the counter and I was having a railway card, which if i swipe would give me ticket (there was a long que at the counter).



I took out my cardand suddenly heard sound of crackers (it was indeed crackers which i felt), and askedmy sister if she heard some unusual noice, she gestured (yes) and added ' people might be bursting crackers'.



I swiped the card, and the noise intensified. I saw all around, and people were running and coming towards us. I thought for a while (have i did some thing terribly wrong). Then my eyes went towards the gun man none other than Ajmal Kasab. It was a extremely horrifying experience. I had heard about terrorists in TV channels, news films. But seeing them in real life is.. I could not express through words how shocked I was. I immediately got hold of my sister, and took bags (missed some bags there) and ran for my life. I had enough stamina to reach the taxi stand outside the railway station.



All the taxis were being booked and lot of people were going in the rates which taxi guy fix.. Some of the taxi drivers were leaving without passengers as they were feared of their life.



I hung around a taxi and begged to drop us in Mumbai Central. I mean it, the taxi was started and in motion, and I hung with the door. He stopped and we quickly got in and came in the main road from which the other view of station could be seen. I noticed blood strains, and the gun men firing in the air without having any mercy. My heartbeats was clocking above 100 beats per minute and my body was shivering. My sister was equally terrified as me. We asked driver to move fast..



It was the God, who gave me some thought power, which helped me to save mine and my sister's life. Why because, normally in such situation, the brain stops working.. Literally..



We were lucky enough.



We reached Mumbai Central, and were checking which train would go now. We wanted to catch the latest train which would go and it was at 10.50 PM (Vadodara Express).



I did not wanted another chance, hence we both went to ticket counter (carrying luggages on back like coolie) and got 2 normal tickets.



We were waiting for the train, and my phone ringedIt was my mom - " Where r u, seeing some news in TV "



I replied, "i am safe, Ill talk to you later".



After that my phone never stopped ringing.. Everyone were calling.. I did not had control on myself to talk..



Same was the situation with my sister as well. Then I called my dad and asked what is happening in TV, he told about the incident.



Actually I did not had a clue that the incident that happened around me is on a very high scale damage, and intensive. I realised when my dad told about what was happening in the news..



Time was passing very slowly and testing my patience. I was worried, what if those people come here.. What if any bomb here??



Train came at 10.30 and We got in.. and to my surprise, the train was empty.



I made my sister seated and came out to buy water bottle, and got call again on cell.. My hand was shivering.. Could not manage my phone, It slipped and fell in the railway track..



I thought Ill take the phone.. but it was already 10.50 and the train started moving, but unaware of it, i was attempting to get my phone



People around me saw, and pulled me just before a wheel was about to cross..



I got in to the trainAnd I was little bit relaxed..
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment