Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What to Include in a Mobility Software Style Guide

Several weeks ago, I wrote on this blog that mobile software development should be guided by the use of a style guide for consistency. Since then, I've received numerous inquiries asking for more details about the type of style elements that might be included in a guide document.



Here is a snapshot from my Table of Contents page:




I am happy to provide my views; however, adding a complete style guide example here is impracticable due to space considerations. So, I've done the next best thing by posting a sample mobility software style guide document on my Linkedin Profile page, which can be downloaded for free for review:



My example style guide document provides the basic elements that many companies might find to be practicable for setting standards for their mobile software development; however, your mobility software style guide might be completely different. And, that's okay with me.



The important consideration is that one applies a consistent look and feel. As I noted on an earlier blog, companies with large, or, perhaps global, mobile development organizations face distance and communication challenges to provide custom software consistency.



A style guide is a simple tool to help bridge one's gaps.

Filed under: Tagged: , , , , , , ,
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment