Friday, July 26, 2013

Do you like it in the bow or the stern of the...

coding world?Me personally I like it in the BOW, or front end, or for the uninitiated, the pretty stuff you see on an app or web page.



Yesterday I finished a work project and had some extra time on my hands since the boss is out of town till Monday so I was trying to figure out what I should do with my time and not have an anxiety attack cause I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself.That is when I realized something.I like front end work more than back end work when it comes to coding/software development.This is how it happened.




I started code year about three or four-ish months ago on www.codeacademy.com.It was and has been enjoyable to learn how things are working behind the scenes.However as I was going back to code year yesterday and was yet again faced with trudging through .



I realized that wasn't the funnest prospect for me at the time and so I begrudgingly started working on an app I'm building for a pizza restaurant down the street from me and...I found myself enjoying it.I'm using www.appsmoment.com to build the app.I'll discuss this site and what is going on with it and why I like it more later.What I did notice though while working on the app though is that I enjoyed figuring out the layout and colors and images and what not and that is a big deal.I'll tell you why.



There a BAJILLION things to do or you could do in coding/programming.It really can be overwhelming.Josh Kaufman talked about this in his latest book I read of his in which he mentions feeling paralysis by analysis when considering all the different ways he could go about improving his current website with the myriad of languages out there.



So while I think I have it pinned down on the direction I'd like to head, I'll need to confirm this through further experimentation and study.I'll keep you posted if my mini epiphany was indeed true or not.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment